The interpreters working for Catalava.com acknowledge that the very fact that the customer chose the professional solutions of Catalava.com is per se a proof of the customer’s professionalism and the interpreters become a part of the pursued outcome and solution.
This Code of Ethics lays down the standards of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality which all conference interpreters working for Catalava.com are bound to respect in the exercise of their duties. This Code is inspired by the Code of Professional Ethics of AIIC in Geneva [Association Internationale des Interpretes de Conference].
CODE OF ETHICS
All interpreters working for Catalava.com:
1. Shall strive to achieve, a substantive and efficient communication between the parties to whom they offer their services, even beyond words, and taking into account any cultural differences between the parties.
2. Shall strive to continuously cultivate and improve their languages and technology proficiency and increase their broader knowledge.
3. Shall be bound by the strictest secrecy, which must be observed towards all persons or entities and with regard to all information disclosed in the course of their work, with the exception of what is said in public meetings open to large audiences, and the improbable case of them witnessing the confession of a criminal activity.
4. Shall refrain from deriving any personal gain whatsoever from confidential information they may have acquired in the exercise of their duties.
5. Shall promptly report to their employer all job opportunities of any kind, arising during their work.
6. Shall not accept any assignment for which they consider they are not qualified for, or any job or situation which might detract from the dignity of the profession and/or violates the fundamental principles of Democracy and civilization, as laid down by the United Nations Organisation.
7. Shall show solidarity towards their colleagues, by adhering to the present code of ethics and by offering unabated assistance and collegiality. Dignity and respect towards customers are fundamental qualities among conference interpreters, and they prove it every time with their chosen attire, manners and working environment.